Tuesday, November 18, 2014

It works

Post 33

Happiness Level: 6

I have made it a point to record every single detail of my working progress.

Note to self:

1. Open arduino first and link up the sketch,
then only open unity.

Why? If I open up unity first, the serial port would be already in use and I wouldn't be able to upload new sketches to my board.

2. z to a2

Wire it like this. I'm only using the Z index, so yeah I only need to hook one up.

3. blah c# script put ON THE CUBE (element)


Yes, out of frustration I named the file blah. I tried renaming it but it messes up everything. So yeah, I'm sticking with blah.


I was trying to hook up my wifi module and connect it to the computer but had some troubles. Apprently online people said the usb port has to be on com1.

I downloaded different terminals, hyperterminal, coolterm, x-ctu and XCTU. Still doesn't work. I'm starting to think it's the wiring problem.

Totally cannot be the driver problem because I already got the accelerometer to work.

BUT, after awhile I got it to work with HYPERTERMINAL and it connects! You had to pay for it.



I had to make sure the board is clean from code, I got spammed because my accelerometer code is still in it.

I have to adjust Baud rate to 38400 so I don't get alien wordings. Like this.


So after awhile I got what I wanted, but not really. It didn't say OK like it's supposed to after I typed in +++. It's to show that it's connected. Tutorials in the links below.
It was supposed to be +++OK.


Well, it's a step.


References

Faludi, R. (2013). Common XBee Mistakes. [online] Faludi. Available at: http://www.faludi.com/projects/common-xbee-mistakes/ [Accessed 18 Nov. 2014].
Hartman, K. and Faludi, R. (2012). D I Y : Superhero Communicator Cuffs. 1st ed. [ebook] New York: OCAD University. Available at: http://research.ocadu.ca/sites/research.ocadu.ca/files/socialbody/201106_SuperHeroCommunicatorCuffs.pdf [Accessed 18 Nov. 2014].
Ladyada, (2012). Xbee Adapter - Connecting, Configuring and Upgrading. [online] Available at: http://www.ladyada.net/make/xbee/configure.html [Accessed 18 Nov. 2014].
sparkfun, (2014). Serial Terminal Basics. [online] Available at: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/terminal-basics/all [Accessed 18 Nov. 2014].

No comments:

Post a Comment