Friday, November 14, 2014

First Technical Tutorial of the Final Sem

Post 32

Tutor(s) present: Yee Siang

Happiness level: -5

Yes, this is the first time my happiness level went below 0. Not that seeing him after the two month holiday was bad at all, it was more on how embarrassed I was with the little progress I had for the technical parts over that period.
Spent the whole time trouble shooting stuff I managed to do at home on my desktop. One thing I did though, I tried out the wifi router,

Problem 1:
I didn't record my success and what I did when I got the Unity and Arduino linked at the time, (the post which had a youtube of me waving around the working accelerometer)
I didn't even record how the wiring map looked like. I brought the try out files with ghoul files with weird namings like 'blah, tryout, try2' so I did not know which file was the exact one which worked.
So here it is:





Problem 2:
I did not try out the Xbee wifi module at all and discovered that XCTU was more complicated to use than I thought it was. There;s this new software called CoolTerm which I found online on the Arduino site which could help with the wifi on my xbee.


No comments:

Post a Comment