Monday, December 15, 2014

Preparing for Week 7 Guest Visit

Post 43

Happiness level:3

I've been really busy and focusing all my time on the construction of the wooband, codes and graphics. Full steam ahead!

Technical problems encountered:
- Unity can't change scenes with Serial ports. (can't call) Might have to put everything in one scene.
- SO LAGGY and the quality reduces because I had to convert all videos to OGG format.
- Only Unity pro could enable MovieTextures. (solved by using the trial mode..and uh. you know.)
- Arduino RGB colors overlapping each other (solved, but didn't get the color I want)

Motion Graphics problems encountered:
- I need plugins to achieve plexus. (It's complicated, I can't download them. And I'm cheap.)
- Had to depend A LOT on tutorials. (I thought my creative juices and spontaneity were enough, But no.)

Logistics problems encountered:
- My RM175 polystyrene ball dents easily and I don't plan on investing in another one.
- There's a line on the ball which has to covered. (It's the little opening that can't close properly when I sandwich the two halves together)

A great thank you to Yee Siang and David Tan for patiently teaching me and explaining to me the rules of Arduino and Unity.
I'm actually quite disappointed at TOA for not keeping up with the pace and installing UNITY in all the computers. They could install them for free and hire professionals! C# is dang important.

The only person who knows UNITY is Jam, and he's not even assigned to any of us. We had to call him on his personal mobile. This is ridiculous.

Can't believe I have to outsource so many talents and hardware.

Actions to do next:
TRY OUT THE WIFI MODULE!

No comments:

Post a Comment