Tuesday, January 21, 2014

PROGRESS ON NATZY

Post no. 7

Had a really  good tutorial session with my tutor Joanne today regarding the Natzy's coding.

Issues discussed were:

  • My volume control

Initially I used canvas to control the volume. I was told that I could do the same with div   tags without needing to use the tabindex like for canvas. We had a little trouble troubleshooting this but the problem was, the arrow keys needed to listen to the window instead of the element itself.
  • The lag from my sound effects
Turns out that it was my mp3 itself that has a small little buffer time in front of it that prevents the track from playing instantaneously. 

  • Learned that I neednt need to use canvas for the random generated elements.

  • Learned that native Javascript and Jquery are two seperate languages and I should just use one. Jquery being $, and Javascript being vars.

  • To have the game fit on all screen sizes, 1000x700 would be most ideal.

So those were the stuff I fixed when I returned home. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment