Monday, August 5, 2013

Wrapping it all up in a bow.

Post no. 15

So I've decided to use this post to properly annotate the links I've used throughout the 14 blog posts that I have done.

Post 14 - WHAT'S HAPPENING NOW?
1)  The British Journal of Photography, "Startups battle for rights to smartphone images"

 I have extracted some important data on the licensing of smartphone images, which could be one of the effects of photo taking apps like Instagram.

2) The British Journal of Photography, "BEYOND INSTAGRAM: Should photographers accept the risks inherent in social networks?"

This article discusses about the ownership of images on Instagram. Through this article, I have seen that there are still many worried photographers out there.


Post 13 - THE FUTURE OF PHOTOGRAPHY
1)  The Future of Photography , Neal Matthews

     Neal Matthews has summed up the future of photography by predicting future technologies that could happen in the years to come base on the advances of technology today. It opened my eyes on the various possibilities of technology potentially becoming a permanent part of ourselves and how mobile phones are just another technological stepping stone.

2)  The Future of Photography , Ricardo J Motta

    This article lists out how the digital revolution has come to be.

Post 12 - MIND MAPS & CONSULTATION

Post 11 -  iMAP

Post 10 - THE PAST AND PRESENT OF PHOTOGRAPHY
1)  Roland Barthes, “The Photographic Message, in “Image Music Text”.

    In this e-book, I have identified proper terms to describe my points for the essays. Such as connotations and denotations. 

Post 9 - Articles that talk about Professional Photographers and Instagrammers.
1) Digital Trends - Photographers tussle over whether ‘pro Instagrammers’ are visionaries or hacks.
An article by Molly McHugh

This article provided me with some lateral thinking, when it discusses on how Instagramming could be considered a profession.

2) PhotoShelter - Why Instagram is Terrible for Photographers, and Why You Should Use It
An article by Allen Murayabashi

This article stresses my points on how Instagram is beneficiary for amateurs and celeberties but not for photography professionals.

3) ReadWrite - How Instagram Remade Photography ( And could do the same with Video)
An article by Nick Statt

Nick Statt has really opened my eyes with this article on Instagram photos being on mainstream media. As much as I love the app, I wouldn't want to see them in newspapers, magazines or billboards as those photos lack denotation. Just hope it never has to come to this.

4) TheGuardian - Instagram is Debasing Real Photography
An article by Kate Bevan

Miss Bevan writes a very critical article, bashing the use of Instagram. Through this article I get another more honest view on Instagram.


Post 8 - MORE PROFESSIONALS!
1) Nate Benson - Instagram or Latergram – Pro photographers potentially ruining a fun photo sharing community?

He talks about how photographers use Instagram for exposure as well as his own experiences. From this blog post, I collected some important opinions on Instagram.

2) Geoff Livingston - Is Instagram ruining Photography?

I have read and analyzed his blog post to get more feedback on the app.

3) VoxMagazine - Instagram goes pro: What Columbia photographers think of Instagram. 

This site contains four more professionals with their opinions on Instagram. They all said they love the app, which makes me doubt their answers.

Post 7 - Who,what,when and where did Instagram come from?
1) http://instagram.com/about/faq/

This faq page on Instagram really laid out all the questions and answers that I might or might not ask about Instagram, which I found quite helpful and resourceful.

Post 6 - Creative Professionals in the Photography Industry. What are they saying now?
1) Annie Leibovitz

Annie has provided me with a professional opinion on Instagram which I will use in my collection of feedbacks.

2) Frank Desantis

I found Frank's professional profile via a Linkd in forum discussing the effects of smartphone technology.

3) Fred Ritchin

Mr. Ritchin wrote a book on Photography and there I have extracted some data on what he thinks how photography would be in the future.

Post 5 - FEMINISM HO YEAH...?
1) Miss Representation

This YouTube video exposes how photography and advertising has changed our views on beauty today. I have studied the effects of social media and what they deemed beautiful. This post might be helpful at some aspect.


Post 4 - Jawaharlal Nehru - A tryst with Destiny 
1) Analyzed Speech

The video has aided my groupmates and I in analyzing his speech in further detail. In this video we cam to know Jawaharlal Nehru's flow of speech. However, this information will not be used in my essay as they are not related.

Post 3 - Media Culture : Brainstorming 3

Post 2 - Media Culture : Brainstorming 2

Post 1 - Media Culture : Brainstorming 1


No comments:

Post a Comment