Thursday, August 1, 2013

Consultation/Mind Maps

Post no. 12

So these are the mind maps I produced before consulting with Mita, my lecturer on my essay.




I realised, while drawing out this mind map, I took 'professionals in the creative industry' too literally. The moment I saw the word 'photographs', I immediately thought of photographers. However, other professionals in the creative industry could be Celeberties, or companies which use Instagram.

For example, celebrities use Instagram to get in touch with fans in a more personal level. They appear more real and open with their posts on Instagram. Making them more approachable to fans that are from different parts of the world. Other than that, like some points I've mentioned before, they use the app to market themselves, and promote events. Celebrities post behind-the-scenes pictures of them on set as a more personal teaser to fans on upcoming projects. Humans are more visual compared to reading texts. Maybe those are the reasons why Twitter/Facebook links itself to Vine and Instagram?


I stalk Ian Somerhalder's Instagram alot, and he posts quite a number of behind-the-scenes pictures that are about the Vampire Diaries series which keeps me reminded that I have to watch their next season. He also post pictures on Instagram about his causes on helping the environment an such, which is a good thing as he has the influence. I just needed to think more laterally when it comes to 'creative industry.'

One more thing, I kind of thought what if those professional photographers said what they said to maintain a good image so they could obtain more projects? Do they genuinely like the app? Or are they just saying so to appear mature, and educated and up to date? Questions. Questions.

I researched sommore on Instagrams' statistics when they introduced the video recording. The shares of Vine plundered a massive 70%!
Instagram only had 30 million users when they launched the app only for IOS users. The number increased to 130million when they had the app on the Android device, 100 mil being Android users!

In total, there are about 16 Billion photos, and 1 Billion likes per day.
Flikr however, only have a total of 8 Billion photos, half of Instagrams'. Speed really wins quality.

There are accounts dedicated on posting positive and inspirational quotes as well, but I'll not go astray from my topic.

ANYWAY, the outcomes from my consultation were:

1. To look for more academic sources. (articles and interviews are not legit enough)

2. Get more 'book' opinions.

3. Have more depth in my research, by exploring the history of photography.

4. Look at some photographic magazines, they might have some delicious arguments there.

5. Would Instagram be a long term-big thing, or will there be the next big thing?

6. Will it complement photography professionals?

7. Try to stick with one profession, either pro photographers or Celebrities. I can always throw in bits and pieces of other professions right?

8. Flikr and Vine. What's gonna happen to them?

9. Speed over quality? Elaborate.

No comments:

Post a Comment