Friday, August 29, 2014

PITCH Presentation

Post 26

A little update, today is the first day of my Sem break!
I gave a talk for EMM about Wearable tech inspired from PPM's final year project:



I will be starting my final semester in November and soon, graduation!

So I presented my PITCH on Friday, 29 August.

I presented my slides Ms. Sweii, Din Tan, Klek, Yee Siang and Yi Weii.

Feedback and questions I got were and I did a little research to finally answer those questions and feedback:

Sweii: You didn't mention about how the number of participants effects the whole experience and the display?

I forgot to mention this in the presentation as well.
Two players, more visuals. 1 player active only, less visuals. No players active, totally weak visuals. Des it.

Klek: What not just do crowd motion tracking instead of making them wear something so brittle?

Honestly, I didn't know why I froze and went blank on the main reasons why I actually chose wearable tech.

The thing is that I didn't even present about how I wanted to replicate lighters, rave rings and phone lights people use during concerts. You see those little white dots in the crowd? Those are cellphones. I want to replace those pretty dots of lights with my LED from my WOO Band, which would be prettier.



I didn't mention about how the gloves would give an LED feedback once they interacted by fist-pumping.
You can't really achieve that with motion tracking the crowd pixels.

As for it being brittle, I'm trying to find a way to make it sturdy and comfortable at the same time.

1. It will have to be water resistant (as raves are often conducted outdoors and are prone to rain and/or if they were foam parties)
2. It has to be flexible and PVC will be totally out of the question because sweating through it is really uncomfortable. Cotton as well, it takes a long time to dry.


Happiness Level : 7

No comments:

Post a Comment