Saturday, December 15, 2012

PIS: Chosen Artists

Topic of discussion: How the chosen artists will be reflected in my current assignment, 'Visions and Nightmares'

Post no. 3

Hey there. =) Although I was given a choice to not go along with the suggested theme 'Visions and Nightmares', I went with it anyway. I also happen to dream alot, everyday to say the least, and even during my 10 minute power naps. I also remember most of them.

My idea on the given project would be me, explaining the different types of dreams I have and the meanings behind them. I don't know any dream interpreters but I do know how to google. So,
DreamMoods will assist me in all the connotations of my many dreams.

I guess it would be interesting to implement my dreams into imagery as my dreams could get a little absurd. For example, I was dreaming that I was flying on a bicycle across London town. Airgo the interpretation from DreamMoods :

To dream that you are riding a bicycle signifies your desires to attain a balance in your life. You need to balance work and pleasure in order to succeed in your current undertakings. If you have difficulties riding the bicycle, then it suggests that you are experiencing anxieties about making it on your own.
To see a  bicycle in your dream indicates that you need to devote time to leisurely pursuits and recreation.
To dream that you are riding tandem in a bicycle suggests that you are more accepting with aspects of yourself or of your partner that you have previously rejected."  

Well, it does have some truth in it.

So how are the chosen artists are going to be reflected in my work you ask?

As for the imagery, I would extract David Ho's dark, fantastical look ( unrealness). I could see that Mr. Ho uses Photoshop as is main tool. He Photoshops  his photographs with a majority of warm colors, mostly brown.
I would be using Photoshop as well to implement the mysterious, dark theme onto my work, of course with the addition of my own style.

For the sounds, Amie Salvin has inspired me to play with 3D sounds for ambiance and dialogue to keep the sounds more interesting. (oh my god, the painter outside thinks he's in some one-man-show karaoke bar competition. Walruses fled. CAN'T FOCUS. ) Anyway, I would be narrating my project (not too excited about that) and will be using Adobe Audition as my main tool for sound editing. The equipment will be borrowed from the IT department and my narration would be recorded in the sound recording studio in college.

Here's the idea iMap of my project.
Don't get creeped out at how I remember those dates. I associate them with the memorable events and how well they relate themselves to my chosen dreams.





No comments:

Post a Comment